Driving Forward Responsibly
Building and Maintenance
As we build new facilities, we strive to reduce our environmental impact by:
- Reducing water consumption
- Utilizing locally sourced materials
- Installing waterless plumbing fixtures and low-flow faucets
- Improving our air quality
- Providing alternate energy sources.
New and renovated facilities include LED lighting where possible.
From coast to coast, more of our buildings are LEED certified and our corporate headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL is a LEED Gold Certified building.
At AutoNation, recycling is one of the pillars of our sustainability efforts. Water, oil, tire rubber, scrap metal, paper, paper plastic, car batteries and radiator cores are recycled to substantially reduce our environmental impact. A core part of our business is the refurbishment and subsequent retail sale of used vehicles. We are significantly extending the useful life of these vehicles.
We’ve helped reduce over
of greenhouse gas emissions
Based on EPA Calculator, that’s equivalent to
By participating inQuest Resource Management Group Recycling Programs in 2019.
Our Environment, Health and Safety Compliance Program demonstrates our commitment to monitoring and managing the environmental impact of our business and protecting the health and safety of our Associates and Customers. Among our goals are:
- Implementing AutoNation’s standards of practice for managing compliance with applicable EHS regulations and developing step-by-step guidance to comply with all applicable EHS requirements in the form of standard operating procedures.
- Supporting recycling initiatives and pollution prevention practices throughout our organization.
- Encouraging ways to reduce the generation of hazardous waste.
- Promoting environmental awareness to all Associates and encouraging solution sharing and best practices at all AutoNation locations.
- Assessing the environmental impacts of our activities and setting appropriate environmental improvement objectives.
By the numbers
Number of Tires Recycled
Gallons of Used Motor Oil Recycled
Used Motor Oil Filters Recycled
Lead-Acid Batteries Recycled
Pounds of Everyday Products Recycled
Pounds of Cardboard Recycled
AutoNation offers a vast array of environmentally friendly vehicles including E-Vehicles, Hybrids, and Plug-in Hybrids. As our manufacturer partners continue to expand their selections, rest assured that we’ll be enhancing our inventories to offer you the very latest in electric vehicle technology along with the expert advice to help you make the right choice.